Sunday, February 2, 2014


He Really Loves Me!

Here it is February 3rd. 2014, and I’m still trying to remember to write 2014, and the entire month of January is already past.  I always like to focus on “LOVE” during this month.  I want to do this again this month, but I am starting with God’s love for us.   One of the first verses I always taught my babies was “God Is Love”.   I loved to hear their sweet young baby voices saying those 3 words.  If you’re a mommy of little ones, begin now to teach them about Jesus, and that He loves them. 

I wish that every person alive would truly love the Lord.  Can you imagine what our world would be live if that was the case?  It would be Heaven on earth!   Okay…now to get to the thoughts for today.  “We love Him because He first Loved us.”  I John 4:19  Probably most of you know this sweet song.  Won’t you take a moment and read the words.  How much does he love me? Just like the song says… He loves me like I was His only child…and that is how he Loves you too.

          God Really Loves Me
g                                                c                  
My Father has a great big family. 
                                                                      d      
And there are many children besides me. 
                      g                                                 c            
If you're wandering how He divides His time, 
                                                   d      
let me say I never stand in line.   (this is just me...saying AMEN!)



        g                                                  c          
He loves me like I was His only child, 
                            d                      
never felt so loved before. 
                  c                     d            
I could never ask for more. 
           g                                                c        
He loves me like I was His only child. 
                      d                
God really loves me. 
   c                        d                  
Yes He really loves me. 
          c                         d                      g            
He loves me like I was His only child. 


         g                                               c        
He never favors me above the rest. 
                                                                  d          
But I can't help but feel that I am blessed. 
           g                                  c          
He treats me best I often say. 
                                                                    d        
But all my Father's children feel that way!


Preacher and I have been on the road for 6 days.  We took a huge load of supplies to a Christian Servicemen’s Center in Jacksonville, NC…and took a look at the ministry there too.  We were able to provide the Center with $400.00 worth of supplies, coffee, sugar, powdered creamer, Canned Tuna, Beef stew, chips, chips, and more chips, hot sauce (remembering the guys at Eifel Bapt. Church)  Ramon noodles (a case) Paper supplies, eg  Tissue paper, paper towels, napkins, plastic cups, as well as office paper, and much more.  It was a blessing to be able to be help.  We have a special place in our hearts for the military. 

Here is something that happened just today...an example of God’s love for me.... 
I was wearing a solid gold bracelet that one of the men stationed at Eifel Baptist church 2004-2006 bought for me when he had to go to Turkey for a 3 month Deployment and upon his return, he had brought me this bracelet from Turkey, so it has great sentimental value, as well as costing him a lot of money.  Today we stopped to “walk” and the spot we chose was Walmart.  Preacher headed to the sports section and I picked out Valentine cards for my granddaughter, and both of our mothers, found a pack of scrunchies (multi colored) then decided to go to the restroom before checking out.  As I entered the “stall” I noticed that the bracelet was missing.  My heart took a dive into my stomach…then I bowed my heart and prayed.  As I prayed, I asked the Lord to help me find it, and if need be, keep the eyes of others around it to not see it.  I left the bathroom and tried to remember my steps.  It was very crowded and as I re-traced my steps, I had to dodge so many people.  I continued to pray, and I told the Lord, it’s okay if you’d rather I didn’t have it.  Just as I said those words…something caught my eye…it didn’t look like a bangle bracelet, but still I went to see what it was.  My heart did a jump…it was my bracelet…and it had not been stepped on, and God heard my prayer…it was right in the center of the aisle in front of the row of check outs.  Yes, He loves me like I was His only child.  But, the best part is…He loves you like you are His only child.  We do not have to wait to ask His help with just the BIG things…He wants us to come to Him for everything.  Did you slip and say an unkind word?  Ask Him to forgive you and help you make it right.  Did you forget it was your husbands birthday?  Ask the Lord to help you fix it.  You say…Oh Mrs. C, that’s such a trivial thing.  God see’s your need, whether big or very small, and wants to help. 

He really loves you.  He really loves me.  Enough to keep all those shoppers in Walmart from finding my bracelet.  He really loves us.

Next Monday we will take another look at the Love of God.  Let’s read this verse…before we close.  John 3:16 “For God SO LOVED the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have ever-lasting life.”   Yes, He really love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment