Saturday, March 15, 2014


I have TWO birthdays...Do You?

will wake up tomorrow and because I was born on March 13th. I will celebrate 69 years on this earth. I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior 60 years ago this past January. I used to tell children when I was teaching Sunday School, or Patch the Pirate, that the best thing that ever happened to me was not marrying Preacher, not having 3 wonderful sons, not even being a Missionary. The best thing that ever happened to me was getting saved. When the Lord Jesus saved me...He forgave all my sins, and gave me EVERLASTING LIFE. John 10 tells me that at the age of 9, I was given (John 3:16) everlasting life. Well, that was 60 years ago, and guess what? I still have it! Praise God, one day I will see Him face to face. I have a precious twin sister awaiting me in heaven. Whatever tomorrow brings....It's all good. And yes, I have some surgery schedules...just found that out today....But I'm a child of the King...and He loves me. Thank you to each of you who have sent Birthday greetings. I love you.  

As you see by the heading...I said I have two birthdays. My first birthday is March 13, 1945.  But I also have a second birthday.  That is the day that I mentioned in the first paragraph.  The  day Jesus saved me.  I want you to know that Jesus wants to save you too.

I often use what is called the Roman Road when I share this with others.  There is q song that  I love...it is “Tell Me the Story of Jesus”  Another is “ I love to Tell the Story of Jesus and His love.”  You know that everyone needs to hear the true story of Jesus, so for a few moments I want to tell you about the day I got saved.

It all began one evening when I was almost 9 years old...actually I was 8, but it was January and of course my birthday is in March...so I always say I was 9, but in truth...I was nearly 9.  Anyway, at our house in Quinton, NJ  Mom had dinner ready to go on the table when dad got home from work every evening.  This particular night...started out as normal.  We sat down to eat...and as we started out to eat, dad picked up his fork to begin eating, but suddenly he loudly put down his fork and said to mother, “Call the Preacher, I have to get saved.”  Mom jumped up immediately and call Pastor Al Black. He was knocking on the door in 10 minutes.  Mother rushed us girls upstairs.  We all headed up, but being the inquisitive person that I am, I slipped quietly down and crouched on the lower steps...wanting to listen to what was going on.  As I sat there, I heard our pastor sharing the gospel with dad and then very soon, I heard dad begin to pray.  He was weeping and the earnestness of his words shook  me to the core...I had never heard dad pray, and I had no doubt that he was saved.  That night, we girls got a brand new dad...he was changed.  

I had always gone to church with mother, and I listened to the preacher, I listened to my Sunday School teachers at Quinton Baptist Church.  I knew I was not saved.  I remember our pastor preaching about One day Jesus was coming to take all those saved to heaven.  As a young girl, that scared me to death.  Now not only was mother a Christian, but now...dad was saved too.  My parents were ready for Jesus to come...but I was not ready!  I shared a full size bed with my twin sister and that night when we crawled into bed, I could not stop thinking about what had happened that night.  Dad had got saved...and as I lay in the bed...staring into the darkness, I trembled as I whispered into the silent room...”Don’t come yet!  Please don’t come yet.”  My heart seemed to be beating so loud, that I would glance over at Arlene (my twin sister) to see if she could hear the beating that pounded in my ears.  Again the next night...I would whisper those same words...begging the Lord to wait.”  Finally that 3rd night ....with no sleep the last two nights, I was so tired, so filled with fear, and didn’t know what to do.  As I called out to God for help, I slipped out of our bed, and onto my knees, and as best as a nearly 9 year old could, I called out for forgiveness of my sins.  I knew that Jesus had died on the cross and paid for my sins, I knew that He was buried, and risen again. (thank you QBC sunday school teachers) I quoted John 3:16 and ask Him to saved me.  Finally I crawled back into the bed...and immediately fell into a peaceful sleep. 

Do you know 100% that your going to heaven?  Ladies, there is such a peace in knowing that your sins are forgiven, and you know that heaven is your home.  You must understand that your a sinner. Sin is anything that does not please God...hatred of others, disobedience, angry, and listen to this one....gossip, stealing, cheating, thinking evil, or hurtful things in your heart.  The Bible says, “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.”  and I’ve only scratched the surface of what sin is...but you get the idea...  (Smile)  Jesus paid for your sins when He died on the cross...so we don’t have to pay the debt...which is eternity in hell.  None of us want that!  But what can we do?  Accept what Christ did when He died on the cross...He died for me, and HE DIED FOR YOU. Romans 10: 9 & 10  

IF you have a question, please call me...and i would be honored to help you. 606 877 5710,  Today I was reminded of the frugalness of life.  Test revealed that my heart function is at 40%.  Ideally it works 100%.  This caused some real concern since I need to have carotid artery surgery and am scheduled for surgery.  I am totally at peach about this.  Not only am I saved, but I belong to God and understand Romans 8:28  “....All things work together for GOOD to them that love God.....”  

I’ll leave you with this final thought.  Do you want peace?  Assurance of Eternal life?  Jesus is the answer. 

I love you ladies.  





1 comment:

  1. I've never heard you tell this story. Thanks - I love it!

    ReplyDelete