Sunday, January 19, 2014


Good Seed

Good Harvest

Jan 20th. 2014

Tell the Story
By M. Elaine Fowser

How can one be saved
If he does not know he's lost?
It's up to us to tell the story
Of Jesus and the cross.


Note to Elaine….this 4 liner was perfect for todays devotion  thank you!

Matt: 13:24  “Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field (25) But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. (26)”But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. (27) So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in they field? From whence then hath it tares? (28) He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?  (29)  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. (30)  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Many farmers buy a certain brand of seed...a favorite.  There is a small piece of paper in the bag with the seed.  It will say…. 95 % pure, or perhaps 98% pure.  What that means is…there is almost 100% pure seed in this package, but still, a small amount of something else, probably some sort of seed that is a weed may in in that last 5 or 6 percent, making it almost pure, but not wholly pure.  I have seen my dad open a package of seed, maybe a pound bag of seed, but always that declaration is included.  So, he knows that a tiny amount of weed seed, or tares as the Bible calls them will surely be there too. 

I think about us Christians, we need to use Pure seed…. the Holy Bible is pure seed.  Yes I know some of you reading this don’t use the King James Version, but I do. I think it’s the right Bible to use. How do I know?  Well, that’s another message for another day, but I will tell you this.  One day my Husband and I were eating dinner in Germany and there was another couple with us.  They were/are Greek.  They grew up in Greece; they became Christians because a Missionaries who went to Greece to give the message of Christ dying to pay for our sins.  As we talked to this couple, the husband (a preacher) said, “as I read the Holy Bible, the KJV, I compared it with my Greek Bible and the translation was right on target…the English King James Bible matched the Greek Bible.”  Now I was sitting there listening to these two preachers talking, listening, not saying much, being a quiet wife…but I got so excited when the Greek man said this.  I wiggled and squirmed…I was about to bust.  I wanted to shout...hearing a Greek confirm what I knew, what I believed.  I mean...what was one of the languages the Bible was originally written in?  Greek!  Here was a Greek, who knew how to translate the Greek into English…saying that the KJV was a match.  Remember the KJV was translated into English in 1611.  So this is the pure seed.  Hurray!  Amen!

As Christians, we are not seeing as many souls saved as in years past. Many times we see someone go to the alter, say a brief prayer, but there is no change.   The Bible says, when we get saved, we are a new creature…. old things are past away, behold all things become new.  Do we see much of that anymore?   Recently Preacher was at one of our supporting churches; we hadn’t been there in more then 5 years.  Preacher said that everything had changed.  He said the music had changed, the Bible was different, and the dress styles had changed.  None of the men wore a tie, and everyone was carrying around a Starbucks mug, and even one of the deacons was sipping on a bottle of coke right in the service and sitting up on the stage, and came to the pulpit.  Am I wrong, but where is the respect and reverent behavior gone to? He said seeing anyone get excited about the Word of God was harder then pulling Chicken’s teeth! 

Let me encourage each of you to return to the old ways.  I hear the complaints all the time.  What is happening to America?   People it’s not the fault of Washington.  It’s “We the People”.  Moms get back to praying for your children, and know what’s going on with that phone their all carrying, and what and to who are they texting?  Keep the computer in the living room…and know what sites your kids are looking at.  And you stay in their lives…know what’s happening. Or one day…it will be too late to turn them to the Lord.

Twenty years ago, the Gay movement had less then a 20% approval rate…recently it reached more then a 65% approval rate.  Do you know whom the Gay rights movement wants to reach?  No me!  And if your over 40, not you either, but I tell you this…. look at your children…. That’s who they are after.  Does that scare you?  It better.  Guard those babies.  They are your responsibility.  Read them the Bible, tell them Bible stories. Teach them what’s right. Take them to church.  Don’t let them watch shows that promote homosexuality and don’t watch that kind of stuff your self!  “But it’s funny.” You say.  It may be funny to you now, but one day you wake up and see that you were tricked.  It’s making the world get use to it…first they make you laugh, then one day, you will find yourself starting to accept it.  “Getting use to the dark.”  I know I’m making some of you mad, but I’ve decided that  in 2014, I’m going to be more up-front…more blunt.  I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feeling, but I also don’t want to one day be accused of keeping quiet when I might have been able to help spare someone heartbreak, or worse, by keeping my mouth shut, someone cast eternally into Hells fire. 

 Let me get back to the parable and then I’ll close…Verse 30….’in the harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them.  (unsaved…in hell)  “…But gather the wheat into my barn.”  (Wheat is the saved, and the barn-heaven)  Are you saved…are you the wheat?  Or are you the tares…among the wheat?  We are seeing more and more tares in the church.  People Not truly saved, tares among the wheat.   Often I have seen people come and join the church, saying they are saved.  I remember a family that came to the church we recently served, and they professed to be saved.   I questioned the wife…. and asked her when she got saved.  Her quick reply was…’Oh I’ve always been saved.”  I had my answer.  There is a song that I love; it’s an old-time hymen.  “I can tell you the time, I can take you to the place where the Lord saved me by His wonderful Grace.”  We are born …. with a sin nature, Christ died for our sin, so that if we understand what He did for us when He died on the cross at Calvary, dying to make the payment for our sins, and we understand that we are sinners, we have lied, hated others, disobeyed our parents, and far more…that is all sin.  Christ paid with His life for our sin.  If we will repent (turn from our sins) confess those sins, and believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, the Bible says Romans 10: 9 & 10 Thou Shalt be saved.    

Ladies, let’s read the book of Romans, memorize John 3:16,  John 3:36, and share the pure seed of His holy Word with a lost and dying world.  Jesus is coming soon…. the harvest is white  unto harvest…. let’s love others, live for Jesus, and hand out tracts and tell the story of jesus.  I just ordered 500 KJV tracts to give out this year.  I’m hoping that in a few months, I’ll need to place another order.  I am leaving you with a verse of a song I love.

Until next week. 

 Mrs. C (Jimmiedean Curriden)



Ye must be Born Again

A ruler once came to Jesus by night
To ask Him the way of salvation and light; The Master made answer in word
True and plain, “Ye must be born again.”  “Ye must be born again; I verily, verily say unto thee.
“Ye must be born again.”








No comments:

Post a Comment