Sunday, January 19, 2014


We need to be in the Word of God

I know that most of you understand most everything there is to know about Salvation, but how often do any of us share what we know?  Ouch!  Am I stepping on toes?  Hey mine were the first ones I stepped on.  I am currently reading through the  One Year Bible KJV.  I do this every year. I made a decision on 12/31/13 to also read daily the entire book of James once a day.  Just in case you didn’t know…there are only 5 chapters, but it’s a wonderful book. After the first week, I am so excited to begin each day reading it.  It is just what this gal needed for 2014.  My theme verse (actually I have two)  for 2014 are:

James 1: 5  “IF any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”  The older I get the more I understand that I need to understand and be able to apply God’s Word to my own life.  I lack wisdom, but according to this verse.  See where is says…” Let him ask of God what giveth to all men liberally. He won’t (upbraideth) scold, criticize, chide, revile, but will give us what we ask freely, generously.  Isn’t that wonderful!   
James 1:22 “But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”  Here is where I’m weak…I read the Word of God, see where I’m coming up short in my obedience…and say to myself, yeah, I need to change this…tomorrow.  I put it off, or to be honest, I often put it out of my mind.  I know what I need to be doing, but I store that conviction as they say “in file thirteen”.  Or “ Out of sight, Out of mind.”   Hey, I’m being honest…so jump on board, I know I’m not all by my self in this area. 

Let’s be Doers, and not just Hearers.  Actions speak louder then words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment