Sunday, January 5, 2014


Have you got your Ticket? 

Ever take a trip?  I think most of our have at least gone to a movie, or to an amusement park.  You had to make plans.  First you had to decide where you wanted to go…. then decide what day, Then buy the tickets…and make sure you could get the tickets.  You know…like have enough money to pay.

Well to start 2014 off right, I want to share something really important.  It’s about Heaven.  Have you done all you need to do to make sure you have a reservation?   That’s right…have you taken care of business?  Truly, have you got your ticket?

Let me backtrack…. have you finished High school yet?  If not, that’s okay…. you too need to read this. Every single day we make decisions…should I go shopping?  What should I cook for dinner? …  Etc. Yeah not a very big decisions.  What about who should I marry?  Okay, is it time to start a family?   These are huge decisions, but ladies there is another decision that is far more important, way more vital.  Who plans for life after death?  Whoa!  That’s heavy huh?  But ladies, it’s important.  Won’t you stick with me this one time and read what I’m talking about?  Please.

Now is the time to think about death, none of us know when our life will end.  None of us escape death…but it’s what awaits us after we die that we need to think about today.  Romans’ 6:23 “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. Did you say, that you really aren’t a bad person, probably you are.  But you’re still a sinner.  Have you ever lied?  Lost your temper?  Argued with your husband, disobeyed your parents when you were growing up?  Told a different story to your boss when you took a day off and said you were sick, but really wanted to stay home since your sister was visiting?  These are only a few of the sins we do frequently, but the bottom line is…we are all sinners.

I’m going to break this down…making it easy to understand.

!.  YOU MUST ACCEPT THAT YOU’RE A SINNER.
  Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:10  “As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.” These two Bible verses tell us that no one is perfect. No one has ever lived up to God’s perfect standard.

2.   YOU MUST ACCEPT THAT AS A SINNER, YOU OWE A DEBT
“For the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23
The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”  EZ. 18:4
This death is described in the Bible as the second death.
“Death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.” Rev. 20:14
If we pay what we owe as sinners, we must spend eternity in the lake of fire.”

3.    YOU MUST ACCEPT THAT JESUS CHRIST HAS ALREADY PAID OUR SIN DEBT.
Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.” 
Hebrew 2:9  “”…that He by the Grace of God should taste death for every man.”

Christ was not a sinner and the Bible teaches that God took all our sin and placed it on Jesus Christ, His son. While Jesus Christ hung on the cross, paying our sin in his body, God allowed him to pay the punishment for our sins, so we might go free.  God didn’t say Jesus would pay for our sins, He said Jesus had already paid for our sins.  Let’s look at a verse you probably already know.  John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have ever lasting life.  Ii Cor. 5:21 “He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 

4.   YOU MUST ACCEPT BY FAITH (BELIEVE) WHAT JESUS CHRIST DID FOR YOU.

JOHN 3:36  “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:  and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

There are more then 90 times where the word believe is written in the Gospel of John.   Ladies get this…think about this…those that believe have ever lasting life, and if they don’t truly believe…they shall not see life.  Think about the word believe….it means to trust, to depend on, or to rely on.  If you will believe on Jesus and that He died for you, for the sins you have done…. you know you are a sinner, but Christ paid your debt for you, and are willing to go one step further and be willing to accept that Jesus paid for your sins and you believe totally that now your sin debt is paid, and will ask the Lord to forgive your sins…He promises to save you.   Let’s look at one more verse.  John 5:24  “Verily verily I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that SENT me, hath everlasting life.”

If you realize that you’re a sinner and need to become saved, won’t you bow there at your computer and pray this prayer.   “Dear Lord Jesus,  I know I’m a sinner, and I have a debt of sin.  I do believe that you died for me, and for my sins. Please forgive me.  Today, as best as I know how, I am accepting you as my Savior.  I believe in you, I am depending on you from now on for my salvation.  Help me live for you for the rest of my life.    Amen.

What a way to begin 2014.  I recommend that you find a good Baptist church and begin to faithfully attend.  Tell the pastor that you have recently been saved.  I can help you find one, if you need help.  Or I can tell you where to look on the web.

God bless you and Happy New Year.

Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment