Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas - Twelve more days!


Are you about ready?  I still have oodles to do, but I’m trying to stay on track....and the biggest job for me is to stay organized and having made a list, keep checking off each job when finished.  My mom (age 92) is coming for Christmas, and I want to make things comfortable for her, and make sure I am not so busy that I can’t give some personal time just for her each day.   At this point in her life, she wants more then anything to have my attention.  So, that is going to be my gift to her this year...I’m going to give her TIME.   Did you know that often that is the last thing we give...a listening ear, some attention, or just giving love.  What is more personal then giving a few minutes of yourself?  That sounds like a no-brainer, but just try it.  Our lives are so filled with texting, Facebook, and well I say kudos to the person who can put aside the cell phone for more then 5 minutes.  I am serious.  Next time your in a restaurant, look around.  How many couples have their cell phone in their lap, and keep glancing at it.  Give me a break!  What do they call someone that is talking to you, and you are typing in a text message?  RUDE   Please ladies, talk to your children and the hubby, even when your in McDonalds.  If the kids are playing a game at one of those machines that take 3 quarters...go watch them.  Cheer them on.  Time...when it’s gone...it’s gone.  


Here is a quote that says just what I have tried to say in a lengthy paragraph...Enjoy!

Time is free, but it’s priceless.  You can’t own it, but you can use it.  You can’t keep it, but you can spend it.  Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.”

A friend wrote this poem recently.  It’s called “What is Christmas?”  M. Elaine Fowser is the author and many of you have seen her poetry included in my letters, I given copies to my Sunday School class and included them in some of my post on FB. 

What is Christmas ?
 
I love the sights and sounds of Christmas;
Especially, the church bells as they ring.
They welcome the children of God inside
Where voices unite in praises to sing.
 
Those beautiful hymns honor the Savior
Born in a stable long ago.
There, angels proclaimed Him the "Son of God"
And Kings came following the star's bright glow.
 
Christ came to earth to die on a cross
In payment for our sin.
Salvation is ours, Heaven is Home;
His gift to those who believe in Him.
 
What gift can we lay at the Savior's feet
For our all can ne'er repay?
"Do unto others as I have done for you"
Are the words I hear Him say.
 
He set the example of how to live.
Obedience to His will is due.
I'll share and care for His sheep in need;
Not just today, but all of life through.
 
Happy Birthday, Lord.  Accept my gift.
------------------------
M. Elaine Fowser
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment